Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11 & Flight 93

I sat down in front of my t.v. today and watched the Tribute to Flight 93. I started out o.k. but then it was like a river, no more like a waterfall of tears. I couldn't stop and couldn't breath. I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my skin. I was so saddened that after 10 years I still felt this way. Actually, I ten years ago was in a different frame of mind too. I wasn't watching what was happening. It was a very sad and lonely time for me and I could have cared less. So for the next 10 years I never paid much attention to what was going on around me except that I was miserable because of the things that I was doing to myself.

I woke up today. I cried most of the day. Sad, down and kept shaking my head thinking Beth you need to start being positive in your daily life. You need to tell others that you care and love, respect them and start living your life to the fullest. No more hurting yourself because you ate all those M&M's. Just go with it because you will never know unless you do. I made a terrific turkey chili with corn bread and we ate and told each other how blessed we were to have one another in our lives. Tomorrow is going to be a different day.

I thank all the men and women on that Flight for being courageous and strong minded knowing that they would never see their loved ones again. I will take the challenge to love them for you in my heart and in their spirit. We will rise above all this tragedy that will come again. Thanks for protecting us. Thanks to all the men and women who helped our country back to some sort of normalcy again. My hearts go out to Ladder 1. I feel your pain and feel your loss and will never forget what you have done for our country. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for taking time to read what I have to say, think or show you. Please feel free to leave a comment if it is clean and not a harm to others.